Will Biddick dominated the Portman card with a four-timer – his second in seven days – to reach the 36-winner mark for the season. The Keith Cumings-trained Little Cornham (Intermediate) and Jack Barber trio Royalzaro (2m5f Maiden), Ruddy Article (Restricted) and Posh Totty (Confined) provided the champion's four successes.
Little Cornham held Turtle Boys (Ben Clarke) by a neck after racing prominently throughout. "We came here for the better ground and may now go for a Novice Hunter Chase," said Andy Pollard, joint owner with Janet Down and Helen Stoneman. Royalzaro was never headed after debutant early leader Captain Joe had fallen at the third.
Bought for €3,000 at Arqana Deauville Summer Mixed Sale in July 2014, Royalzaro had been placed in two of his three previous point-to-points and is for sale. Ruddy Article benefited from being ridden prominently after swerving to his right when runner-up in his previous race, the Duke of Beaufort's Members. Racing in the first two throughout, Ruddy Article comfortably held Robbie Henderson's challenge aboard favourite On Your Max. Posh Totty earned a "my favourite horse" compliment from Will after making all in the Confined. "She just won't let anything past," beamed Will, who had patted the mare's ears as the partnership crossed the winning line.
Harry Cobden moved to within one of his 10-winner seasonal target aboard Novice Riders' race winner Cock Of The Rock. Working Title, bidding for a fifth success of the season, made all the running under Joe Drinkwater, but the pair had no answer when Harry produced Cock Of The Rock after the last.
Hameldown Tor made it two wins and two seconds from four Badbury Rings outings by taking the Mixed Open. Will Biddick led three out aboard Certain Flight, who was wearing first-time cheekpieces, but Robbie Henderson forced Hameldown Tor half a length in front at the end of a slowly run tactical encounter.
Exmoor trainer Patrick Picton-Warlow enjoyed his first success "for about four years" when Aubrey Loze's Palfrey Boy took the 3-mile Maiden, where three of the nine starters completed the course. Palfrey Boy made all the running to provide a second winner between the flags for Philip Hobbs' employee Nick Lawton.
Intermediate (5 ran)
1. Little Cornham (IRE) (W Biddick, 4-6F); 2. Turtle Boys (IRE) (Ben Clarke, 6-4); 3. Dbanks (IRE) (C Barber, 7-2). 6min 17s. Nk, dist. (Keith Cumings)
Open Maiden 456&7yo, 2m5f (6 ran)
1. Royalzaro (FR) (W Biddick, 4-5F); 2. Boxatrix (D Andrews, 10-1); only two finished. 5min 33s. 20l. (Jack Barber)
CA Club Members (Nov Rdrs) (5 ran)
1. Cock Of The Rock (IRE) (H Cobden, 4-5F); 2. Working Title (IRE) (J Drinkwater, evens); 3. Shantou Breeze (IRE) (L Madgwick, 8-1). 6min 19s. 2½l , 10l. (Rachael Green)
Mixed Open (4 ran)
1. Hameldown Tor (R Henderson, 5-4); 2. Certain Flight (IRE) (W Biddick, 1-2F); 3. I'm The Article (J Newman, 4-1). 6.26m. ½l , 10l. (Ed Walker)
Restricted (5 ran)
1. Ruddy Article (IRE) (W Biddick, 2-1); 2. On Your Max (R Henderson, 5-4F); 3. Sparkling Miss (James King, 3-1). 6min 26s. 4l, 6l. (Jack Barber)
Open Maiden (9 ran)
1. Palfrey Boy (N Lawton, 12-1); 2. The Mystro (W Biddick, 6-4F); 3. Maddoxtown (IRE) (James King, 4-1). 6min 26s. ½l, 15l. (Patrick Picton-Warlow)
Confined (10 ran)
1. Posh Totty (W Biddick, 2-5F); 2. Fountains Flypast (H Cobden, 7-1); 2. Theatre Evening (IRE) (T Bishop, 7-1). 6min 14s. 5l, 12l. (Jack Barber)